T/fer photos to PC without clearing memory stick

Trikie 12:25 25 May 05

First venture into digital photos. Can't get on with the software that came with the Sony camera so have tried a card reader and the basic XP functions.

This lets me file the pictures just where I want them but it clears the memory stick at the same time. Is there a way to copy to file and also keep them on the memory stick?

Technotiger 12:42 25 May 05

Hi, you should be able to Copy your pics to My Pictures without deleting them from Card. What options do you get when you Right-click on a Picture thumbnail in the window that opens in XP?

Catastrophe 12:44 25 May 05

I have a card reader on one of my PCs and I just access it in my computer and copy to hard disk. Can't you do this before the software takes control?

Technotiger 12:50 25 May 05

Hi, it is wrong to Hijack another member's thread.

Please open another Thread and I (and others) will have a look a your question again, to help you if possible.

Don't be upset by my request for another thread - we all had to learn at some time, and this unintentional hijacking does occur quite often. You will soon learn - Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers.

Arthur Scrimshaw 12:56 25 May 05

With XP using the 'Copy my Pictures' option, there is a check box 'clear memory stick' (or words to that effect). Simply uncheck the box and your pictures will remain on the stick.

Catastrophe 12:57 25 May 05

Sorry. That was meant to be a reply - not a new question. I believe I was suggesting the same thing as you, by pointing out that I can copy my files to the hard disk. I only mentioned I was using a card reader since it is not exactly the same as Trikie is using. Sorry if you misunderstood.

:)

Technotiger 12:58 25 May 05

OK - understood. Sorry.

Les 13:10 25 May 05

What I usually do is, after I have inserted to memory card into the card reader, I get two copies of explorer on screen, side by side, using the taskbar right click and choosing tile vertically, open one to the folder where you want the photos, the other to the card reader drive, navigate down to the photos - right click and select Copy, nove across to the other folder - right click and Paste. You could of course simply drag them across. The files should remain on your card.

Trikie 13:14 25 May 05

Thanks everyone. Problem now sorted.

Technotiger 13:16 25 May 05

Great - Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…