text wrapping in works word processor

Vashti 21:36 23 Jun 06

I have been trying to wrap text around a picture in a document. I insert the picture in the middle of a page and try to type around it. It will only at times type on the left of the picture but will not most times type either side. Only above or underneath the picture. I use the click on for 'square' 'tight' etc but it does not work properly. Any tips please.

mgmcc 09:36 24 Jun 06

Highlight the picture and, from the Format menu, select "Object". In the Wrapping tab, choose either Square or Tight. You can then drag the picture around and the text will wrap around it.

Vashti 11:00 24 Jun 06

Many thanks for your reply. I have tried this and the picture moves about but the text only appears above and below not the sides. I tried each option of arrangement but none will wrap around only above and below.

mgmcc 12:05 24 Jun 06

Try inserting the picture into text that already exists, so that it is within the paragraph. At the moment, your picture may be a "paragraph" on its own with the text in separate paragraphs above and below.

It does work because I tested before posting the reply ;-)

Vashti 12:41 24 Jun 06

I have just done that and I even inserted the picture below all the text and then slid it up into the text. It still splits to above and below the picture. I have done nothing wrong so I can't work this out.

mgmcc 16:22 24 Jun 06

Here is a screenshot of a Works word processor document with text wrapped around a "picture" click here If you want the actual file to see if it opens and displays properly in your copy of Works, email me by clicking my yellow envelope and I'll send it to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…