Text sizes in ident boxes.

johndrew 20:57 31 Oct 07

For no reason that I am aware of, the text in the ident boxes which come up when the mouse arrow is put over a desktop or tool bar icon has changed. It used to be plain text and about size 10, now it is bold and about size 14.

Interestingly this is not the case with icons within the `Start` menu box which remain as the original format.

Is there a way of reversing this change or getting back to what was there before? Should say I`m running XP Pro.

Thanks in anticipation.

Technotiger 21:54 31 Oct 07

System Restore perhaps?

johndrew 09:32 01 Nov 07

Thanks for coming back.

Strangest thing, although I did two reboots before posting for help the problem remained. This morning when I booted everything was back to normal. The desktop icons no longer tell me their location and the toolbar icons simply tell me what they are in small, plain type.

I can think of nothing unusual I did to cause a change. I had run AVG for a regular virus and anti-spyware check and Registry Mechanic to tidy up the odds and ends. These same checks have never had this effect before.

Ah well. All`s well that ends well, I suppose.

johnnyrocker 09:33 01 Nov 07

and the tick?

johnny.

johndrew 13:43 01 Nov 07

Check all my posts. I always tick but allow a couple of hours or so in case anyone else would like to either make a constructive comment or provide more input.

esbe 17:21 02 Nov 07

Not sure about XP Pro, but R Click on Desktop > Properties > Appearance > Advanced > 'Item' > scroll down to 'ToolTips' & you can change it there.

ps. you may have to set it to Classic mode.

cheers.

johndrew 09:39 04 Nov 07

Thanks, but XP Pro stops at `Advanced`; no 'Item` or 'ToolTips' available there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant