Text size in IE9

TonyV 15:19 PM 27 Sep 11
Answered

Just playing around with changing the Text size in IE9 32 and 64 bit via the View/Text size. I normally have mine set at Medium, but tried it on Larger and Largest. In the Largest size an interesting quirk appeared. When clicking on the Forums button and getting the Drop Down Menu, I cannot come down in to the options for the Forums. The Drop Down Box disappears. It works fine on all the other options but Largest makes the Box vanish!

Any ideas why? W7 and IE9/32/64.

Thanks

TonyV

TonyV 15:20 PM 27 Sep 11

In fact, none of the Drop Downs are available in Largest!!

TonyV

northumbria61 15:30 PM 27 Sep 11

Largest works for all drop downs for me Tony and the drop down box doesn't disappear. Have you got your zoom set too high by any chance?

northumbria61 15:34 PM 27 Sep 11

Actually Tony I will correct that - when hovering the mouse over FORUMS in larger and largest the text changes in the drop down box but like you I cannot come down into the box - it just disappears! Strange!

TonyV 16:49 PM 27 Sep 11

northumbria61

Interesting isn't it? I've reverted back to Medium, but was interested in case someone might come up with an answer. Perhaps it is something to do with Screen resolution, but I don't particularly want to be playing about with that since everything else is functioning fine.

TonyV

Woolwell 17:47 PM 27 Sep 11

If you select compatibility view it works.

TonyV 19:11 PM 27 Sep 11

Woolwell

I tried that and yes it did work, but why, when everything works fine apart from Text size? I have to say, at the moment, I am giving the PCA site a miss. It is so slow as to be unbelievable. It has been since about 4:30 this afternoon. I have been struggling to get on to it to see the responses and I have to do that because for some obscure reason, it is not e mailing me when a response is posted. Maybe it is something to do with what the Tech Engineers are doing.

TonyV

northumbria61 20:42 PM 27 Sep 11
Answer

I will leave mine at medium also as everything else is working.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…