text shadows

Daiol 19:34 21 Aug 06

hi,can someone please help me all of a sudden the text under desktop icons have a shadow behind them also all other text has a slight shadow even typing this question has the same effect,can you please assist its not very good on the eyes ,thakyou.

Terry Brown 20:23 21 Aug 06

Right click on the desktop, select properties, apperaance,effeck & unclick.

DieSse 21:15 21 Aug 06

If you have shadows even when typing in here - then you have a faulty (or badly misadjusted) monitor or graphics card. What type of monitor is it?

DieSse 21:16 21 Aug 06

Also try reseating and/or moving the cable to your monitor. Running it too close to other cables, and using poor quality monitor extension cables, can also give this effect.

VoG II 21:18 21 Aug 06

When this happened to me it turned out to be the graphics card. The only way to be sure is by substitution. Obviously it is easier for hardwarephobes like me to try another monitor.

Migwell 00:02 22 Aug 06

I had this problem a few years ago, it turned out to be the video cable. Even the cable which came with my LCD monitor was causing this problem. I found my old very heavy duty cable from years back and tried that, it cleared up all the ghosts. another thing to watch out for is the cable length, don't use extentions as this can interfear with signal timings if the run from computer to monitor is to long.

Also have a look at Microsoft cleartype it helped me to a far better displat for the typed word.

Daiol 08:49 22 Aug 06

thankyou all for your help i checked what you all said,& it seems to have improved i think terry brown idea did something just one point terry you said click on effects then unclick,did you mean unclick all the boxes??.also what would you recomend for the best font style to have for the desktop icons?.Thanks for all your assistance once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…