Text & Picture Database

Woodmouse 10:35 12 Jan 04

Can anyone recommend a text/picture database that will run on Windows XP. I am currently using Lotus Approach, which is not truly compatible with Windows Xp but nevertheless works, or Microsoft Access, which does not seem a true picture type database. I have some 3,700 records in Lotus Approach containing classical music records, and eventually will need to transfer these over to a new database. Has anyone any ideas on this subject please?

BigMoFoT 10:42 12 Jan 04

Microsoft Access is a relational database system so storing text and pictures isn't using it to it's full potential but if you know how to use Access and are comfortable with it then you can make it work how you want it to.

stlucia 12:32 12 Jan 04

dBASE PLUS can store all types of data, including images and sounds, and runs under Windows XP. I think it can be "programmed" using built-in wizards (like Access), but to get the most out of it you need to be able to write programs manually. If you do write programs, they can be compiled into .exe files for distribution.

Sheila-214876 13:11 12 Jan 04

Not sure if this is what you want but give it a look. click here

Woodmouse 13:52 12 Jan 04

Photo album type packagages are of no use. The database must be able to store picture(s) and text, and be able to sort, filter and find records accordingly. I am staggered that no-one has taken up this type of database, now that Smart Suite has gone. How do people store their records, connected with their relevant hobby or pastime?

Sheila-214876 15:02 12 Jan 04

Well, I suppose, like me, most people write their own programme to cover their own hobby or pastime. We are offering you ready written programmes to do this. If I remember rightly MS Works offer plenty of ready made wizards to do what you want and so does MS Office if you have installed all the options.

Shanks 16:20 12 Jan 04

MS Acces has to be one (if not the) best dbase programmes out there. It can easily handle images as well as text.

If you have a version of MS Office have a look at some of the sample files provided, one of those includes a form which stored images of staff members iirc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…