Text Manipulation in DTP

onokeck 13:02 18 Feb 05

Friends of mine are starting a small business with the help of the County Enterprise Scheme and have asked for my help in designing a logo for the company. I'm trying to enter text in a circular theme with two words in the top arc, one word in the bottom arc and three letters in the center of the circle (hope that makes sense!) I have downloaded several freeware and shareware programmes from the net but still can't seem to manage it. I have Serif Draw Plus4.0, Page Plus 6.0, 3D Plus 2.0, Font-Effects, Font Twister as well as my MS Works Suite. Can anyone out there tell me of other software, preferably free, that I might try or better yet a quick tutorial on how I do this. The bottom arc text always displays as a continuation of the top arc text and is consequently upside down (and I can't put the letters in the center. My OS is XP. Any suggestions/help greatly azppreciated. P.S. I'm doing this as a novice & friend - I'm not in business and not being paid. Thanks. Casey

Yoda Knight 13:48 18 Feb 05

Powerpoint gives you a choice to do exactly what ur after (by the sounds of it anyway !). Go View, Toolbars, and select WordArt.

From the WordArt toolbar, select the far left option and choose a text style (u can prob change this later). Type in a few letters randomly, u can change it lata. Click on the ABC button and in the second row from the top, on the far right is the shape I think ur looking for. Click that. U can then change it around and edit the text etc....

Jeffers22 14:55 18 Feb 05

Can you not add the text into the Dr Logo creation tool. I seem to remember that from my days using Page Plus 6.

Fellsider 15:06 18 Feb 05

I would say that you should be able to do it with Serif Draw plus.

Providing that you put each 'bit' of text as described on a different layer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…