TEXT HTML Attachment surrounded by a border.

Mad Mick 21:48 16 Jul 03

I sometimes receive e-mails on my web mail account from various trusted sources, friends and some major high street traders, with an attachment which has a map pin icon and TEXT HTML Attachment surrounded by a border. This is obviously to save space on the e-mail. When I click on it to open it I get an error page stating that windows cannot open this file and requests that I use the programme that was used to create it to open the attachment. As I do not know what programme created the attachment I am unable to go any further. Can anyone help?

VoG II 21:56 16 Jul 03

They've probably sent you an e-mail in HTML format but you've set up your e-mail client to display plain text. The "attachment" is probably just the same e-mail but in HTML format. If you save the attachment, right click and select Open with and choose Internet Explorer you should be able to confirm this.

Mad Mick 22:19 16 Jul 03

Thanks VoG I have just read the Talk21 help files and have discovered the following statement. "Pop3 programs such as outlook express can send files in two formats one of which is htmlL which our Talk21 web service cannot read." Looks like I'll not be able to open the attachment as when I right click on the attachment the options are greyed out.

Mad Mick 22:30 16 Jul 03

VoG just had another go at what you suggested and it worked OK this time!! YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…