The text format/font has changed

perm 10:44 23 Jan 05

I have windows xp and i downloaded a program called registry cleaner which crashed midway so i restarted my computer went to log on and it said windows had been deactivated ,after actiavting windows the font/text of windows had changed to windows 1998 and i had realised i had lost windows media player.i downloaded it and it said windows media player is not compitable with your system anymore.i then rang dell and they told me to restore the sysytem back to the point before the crash.everything went back to normal except the text/font was still in windows 1998 style i.e not the bold text that windows xp has including the start button.when i go into properties,apperance and try changing windows and buttons option back to xp it is no longer there it only gives one option of windows classic style please help thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:42 23 Jan 05

REpair XP
click here
Type
sfc /scannow

(sfc space /scannow)

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.

This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…