text files lost in transfer....part 2

Ikelos 15:47 01 Jun 06

hi, this is from yesterday click here

i now realize where i might have gone wrong, i had all these files on the laptop so to free up space I burnt them all onto a DVD, along with images, just dragged the lot over...now the text files have the Irfanview logo cos they think they are an image, all i want to do it get the text out of them...anyone any more ideas,,thanks for any pointers.

pj123 17:35 01 Jun 06

Because they were saved as a jpg they are an image, that's why Irfanview shows them as that.

You would still need to run them through an OCR to be able to edit them.

Also you don't need to start a new thread just post your responses in the original thread.

It saves us all jumping backwards and forwards to look at what has been said previously.

Ikelos 19:25 01 Jun 06

hi, bit late now, I can not rub this post out..anyway, I tried to print the text, and the whole page was compressed into a area half inch by half inch,I can find no way of getting them into the OCR prog , all it does is ask for the scanner, which i have...thanks

Ikelos 19:27 01 Jun 06

back again.......i did not save them as JPG's, they were "word docs" before the transfer..

Ikelos 20:34 01 Jun 06

back for the last time on this, as was said many times,use a OCR prog, i have found out how to sort it with the OCR prog...thanks all

Terry Brown 20:36 01 Jun 06

Have you tried opening WORD (new document)INSERT, PICTURE, From File and adding the jpg file. It should then be readable, and you can save as a word file or use SEND TO to send it to as an EMail.
Terry

Ikelos 20:54 01 Jun 06

hi, thanks, following your post, I tried it, it was too small to read, i zoomed it to 500 which is the maximum, and it was still unreadable...but worth a try ..thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…