Text Enlargers

lovelard 09:13 30 Oct 05

I am in the process of building a website for a local charity. Whilst searching through the sites that have a disability content, I have noticed that people who are Visually Impaired or even people of normal sight, can enlarge the text of the website just by clicking a button built into the web page.

Does anyone have any experience of these programs and if so where would I be able to get one from.

Thanx for your help.

PurplePenny 11:58 30 Oct 05

You can see one working on Mukeboy's site in his post click here

You don't actually need to put in a text size changer for accessibility -- you just have to make sure that your sizing is fluid so that the end user can change the text size for him/herself. To do this you can't have your base font size in pixels, some browsers won't resize it, so use one of the keywords instead: probably medium or small. Keep all your other font sizes relative (using x-small, large, x-large, etc. or percentages) and the result is that when the user changes the text size via their browser the whole page scales with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…