Text Documents Not Printing

ellinida 22:08 03 Nov 07

I have a printer problem. When my printer died recently, I installed a very old but little-used spare as a temporary measure. It worked fine! Until that is I moved house and everything was dismantled and re-installed. Since then, it will not print text documents properly. It will print a perfect test page, and it prints web pages happily, but not documents created on the computer in Word or Wordpad.The top and bottom of all the characters is missing. I should add that I am running Word 2000 on Windows XP. The printer is an HP 610c (probably the last living one in the world). At this moment I am not in a position to buy a new printer (I live in the wilds of Greece) but I am also concerned that that is not the answer - that the problem may lie with the Word program itself. (Unlikely, as I have downloaded a free word-processing program and tried creating docs in that, but the computer does not like this either). I would try reinstalling Word but do not have the disk to hand. Am unsure whether to 1) get new printer ASAP 2)borrow copy of Office/word and reinstal or c)ask the local techie to come up the mountain on his donkey....

DieSse 22:48 03 Nov 07

Take out the cartridge(s) - clean the copper contacts carefully with a slightly dampened (with water) cloth.

Do the same (very carefully) to the matching contact pins in the cartridge cradle).

Try printing in high quality, rather than draft.

Try new cartridge(s).

ellinida 15:08 04 Nov 07

It worked! I don't believe it! DieSse, you are a genius and have made an old lady very happy. Thank you very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009