Text Cursor has changed size !!

HariboFan 15:32 22 Jun 03

The cursor infront of any text i am writing has changed from a thin line to a solid black block which flashes just the same.
Does anyone have any idea how to get to the thin straight line ?

jazzypop 15:40 22 Jun 03

Have you checked in Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers, and scrolled down to Text Select?

HariboFan 15:47 22 Jun 03

Yes ive tried that and reset to a straight line but as soon as yuo put the cursor were you want to type it turns straight back to a black box.

jazzypop 16:07 22 Jun 03

Have you tried changing the Scheme (same location as above)? Make sure it is a System Scheme that you change to.

Can you recall changing any settings / installing programs / updating drivers between when it used to work and now?

HariboFan 16:24 22 Jun 03

Thanks for the advice,but still no joy.I have windows default system set up and everything else works fine.I have done something as i remember a slider that changes the speed of the line flashing.Any idea were this could be,ive looked everywhere !!

keith-236785 16:46 22 Jun 03

what exactly are you typing into

i changed the cursor to a coin (shows on here) bu not in word, seems like ms office may have its own settings.

HariboFan 16:53 22 Jun 03

Good point,It is only affecting my typing in Internet Explorer.Everything else is still OK

jazzypop 16:54 22 Jun 03

Try Control Panel > Mouse Pointer options > Motion (it may just be that your cursor is 'quivering' instead of being rock-steady, giving the impression of a motion blur). Check also that pointer trails is disabled (same location as above).

You could also go to Control Panel > Keyboard, and set the cursor blink rate to a 'middle of the scale' setting.

HariboFan 17:02 22 Jun 03

Thanks but that just seems to affect the cursor/pointer and its the text cursor that flashes infront of anything that you are writing that has turned into a black box !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…