text conversion

Wrinkly1 10:18 07 Feb 05

This may seem like an easy question but it is a problem I can find no solution to. I have text documents saved in various formats (rtf/.doc etc) which I wish to import into a graphics package (PSP? MSP?) and thus far all have rejected the format. Is there any way I can portray text docs in a graphic form ?

Wrinkly 1

ACOLYTE 10:29 07 Feb 05

Im not sure but there wont be any graffix in a text document,its text,lol.You could try opening the text and copy/paste the text in the graffix software,or there should be a TEXT tool in the graffix package use this and write it out again,dont know if it will work though.Only other thing that may happen is it will end up all squares and dots and stuff and it wont be readable.

Diodorus Siculus 10:30 07 Feb 05

Can you copy / paste into text boxes? Many DTP programs will allow for auto resizing of the boxes as necessary.

Taff36 10:33 07 Feb 05

Can`t you cut and paste the text into the package. i.e open both and cut & paste the text into the new document. Or have I misunderstood what you are trying to do?

JIM 10:58 07 Feb 05

says.Open up say MS word or DTP program create a text box copy your text from Eg.notepad or Word then paste to text box. Then copy and paste or import from clipboard to your program.

Text files will even copy and paste into "MS Pain" from Word,Notepad etc.You then can save change file association,for your particular graphics package.

JIM 10:59 07 Feb 05

Sorry,PAINT!!!- -;)

Gongoozler 10:59 07 Feb 05

I don't know of any graphics package that will directly convert a text document into graphics mode. This would be quite a complex process involving reading the ASCII characters, font and formatting data and converting it all into a bitmap.

If you want to import the whole document, then you can either scan it and import the scanned image, or when the document is open, press your Print Screen key to put the whole screen onto the clipboard, paste the screen and crop to only the document. Depending on what your graphics package is, you may also be able to paste sections of your document as editable text while the graphics software is in text mode.

Wrinkly1 11:03 07 Feb 05

Thanks to all,

I knew I should never have bought a computer at my time of life !!

Gongoozler 11:29 07 Feb 05

Wrinkly1, as another "wrinkly one" I find that having a computer, and trying to solve other peoples computer problems helps keep the remaining few brain cells active ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…