Text boxes in MS-Word 2010

Furkin 14:58 19 Feb 12
Answered

I’ve just come up against a little niggle with MS-Word 2010.

I decided to make a Tenancy Agreement Form for my neighbour. He was really chuffed with my efforts,,, until he tried to type into the boxes. He could only type into the first box at the top of the page, but not the others.

It looks like I only made ‘boxes’ on the form, instead of ‘TEXT boxes’. “No probs” thought I. I’ll just replace ‘em all with said text ones. For some reason, I can’t seem to replace the rest of the boxes (about a dozen) with text ones.

I deleted the second box, and tried to copy/paste the first one,,,, but that wouldn’t take. So I tried to Insert another text box, but that won’t take either.

I’ve used Word for many years, but havn’t come across this before.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong please ?

mgmcc 17:35 19 Feb 12
Answer

I only have Word 2003 but using the "Forms" toolbar and creating a Form might be the way to go. You then create the fields into which data can be added and the rest of the document is "locked" so that it cannot be altered. A password can be used to prevent the form from being unlocked again from the Forms toolbar.

Furkin 09:18 20 Feb 12

Thanks MGMCC: I didn't know those forms existed. Unfortunately, none of 'em fitted the bill exactly, although at a push I could have adapted one or two.

As they seemed to consist of Excel cells, I ended up just copying a few elongated Excel cells - in blocks of 3 or 4 to suit my purpose.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Baz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…