Text boundaries in Word 2002

Ironmaster 16:54 14 Aug 09

My copy of Ms Word 2002 (10.4030.2625) was supplied as a component of Works Suite but I use it directly (i.e. calling up a template or double-clicking on an existing .doc file); it runs under XP SP2.

The problem concerns the text boundaries which keep disappearing however many times I go back to Tools and re-tick and conmfirm that requirement. The boundaries remain operative during the session but have disappeared from the saved file when next accessed.

The absence of text boundaries is not critical but is annoying! If anyone has any suggestions as to a cure or workaround, I would be grateful.

Steve Hill

VoG II 17:44 14 Aug 09

What do you mean by text boundaries?

Sea Urchin 17:52 14 Aug 09
  Ironmaster 17:53 14 Aug 09

To VoG

The boundaries are the dotted lines which indicate the area within which text can be typed; these parameters are user-defined in page set-up.

Thanks for your interest - good to see your name again (you helped me out with another problem a couple of years ago!)'

Ironmaster

Ironmaster 17:58 14 Aug 09

To Sea Urchin

I duly clicked - those instructions are the ones which I have been followng to no avail. I'm beginning to think that some link within my copy of Word is broken. Perhaps my best option is to reinstall!!

Many thanks,

Ironmaster

Sea Urchin 18:20 14 Aug 09

Sorry - I only intended that link to be a description of text boundaries.

I assume you want your new documents to open showing text boundaries - you will need to find and open your Normal.dot template. Then enable Text Boundaries, and Save As..... make sure the type is Document Template, and named Normal

All new documents should then open with the text boundaries showing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…