Tevion USB Bluetooth adaptor

anniesboy68 15:36 06 May 05

Aldi are selling these next Thursday I have a wireless card on one computor, and if I purchase a bluetooth adaptor and fit it to another computer in the same house or room will I still need a router, please?

Diodorus Siculus 17:50 06 May 05

Somehow I don't think so; I believe that both machines will need to be bluetooth enabled.

I am open to correction but in the absence of anything to the contrary, this will at least serve as a bump.

anniesboy68 18:59 06 May 05

Diodorus Siculus...Thanks, will leave well alonr then...just a thought AB68

anniesboy68 15:12 09 May 05

Diodorus Siculus....Or anyone else who knows..So if I buy two I can communicate..albeit up to ten metres or so...thats all I need AB68

Diodorus Siculus 15:23 09 May 05

Don't know but it may well be the case...

anniesboy68 15:56 09 May 05

Diodorus Siculus...Ok ta will probably take a chance and see.AB68

Diodorus Siculus 19:04 09 May 05

Sorry to put you in the wrong track - I meant to say that I don't know but it is unlikely to be the case. :-(

dan11 19:45 09 May 05

If you have a bluetooth adapter ( dongle ) in two separate computers and the computers are within range. Then you can communicate and transfer data between the computers.

The range is limited, upto 5 meters would be a better assessment than 10 and data transfer will be less than 1Mb per second.

The bluetooth dongle will continually search for any bluetooth device in range ( flash a blue light ). When software is installed on both machines, this will give you the means to transfer that data.

dan11 19:51 09 May 05

" I have a wireless card on one computer, and if I purchase a bluetooth adapter "

I should have also pointed out that you would NEED a bluetooth dongle in each machine. Bluetooth will not work with a wireless card.

If you wanted to communicate with a computer that has a wireless card, then a usb WiFi dongle would be what you require. The range would be far greater than a bluetooth network and data transfer would be much faster. These dongles plug into a usb slot and are around the £20 mark.

anniesboy68 20:32 09 May 05

dan11.... Thanks for info...All my computers are in same room i.e within 5 metres. the Tevion states 10 metres so will take a chance with taking my laptop downstairs. PS Will I be able to access the internet though, as that is the main reason for my communications

anniesboy68 20:34 09 May 05

Hmm...going on from that if I get a usb wi fi dongle would I not need a router. I find this all very confusing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…