Tevion TV7134 Tuner Card

johnstu 15:09 13 Mar 04

Tevion Xpert TV7134 Tuner Card/PVR plus Software bought this week.

Using this on Windows 98SE

As installed the record function would not record in the “DVD” MPEG 2 spec. selected ie instead of 25 fps and audio frequency of 48K. it recorded the .mpg file at 30 fps. And 44k audio. So that when attempts to burn a DVD from the capture using PVR are made, the warning “specification violation audio 44K not 48K” is made and the software says “the programm has performed an illegal and will be shut down”. Subsequent attempts to even load the programme get the same response about illegal operation. The PVR file conversion software included after initially running long enough to reveal that the recorder was not doing what was selected also refused to run declaring “the programm has performed an illegal and will be shut down”.

My Pinnacle studio 8 software is happy to convert these same captured clips to the correct spec and record a DVD, but this means an extra, lengthy conversion operation which should not be necessary.(Pinnacle will not initiate recording through the Tevion card declaring that the recording failed).

The above was explained to the telephone help line who promised to talk to some far eastern country about the problem and referred me to the web help at click here where I was to follow the same help as the solution to “Why do I have to shift between TV mode and FM mode to be able to change channels” this advice was to :

1) Un install completely
2) update DirectX to version 9b on the web from Microsoft (This takes nearly an hour)
3) install DirectX Hot fix from Microsoft (note this is not for Windows 98 according to Microsoft and the update failed due to an NTDLLDLLNTOpenProcessToken problem?)
4) Re install
5) Finally download the PVR-plus update from the unisupport site and install (this would not install on four counts (a) Scheduled.exe Error Ox5B (b)HonestechTV.exe Error Ox5B (c) Desc.cfg a device attached to the system is not functioning [no prizes for guessing which one that is ] (d) The specified procedure could not be found.)

After all this exactly the the same happened as before……..!
Perhaps I forgot to walk backwards 10 times round the apple tree at midnight, and now I have to serve 6months as Bill Gates flunky whilst agreeing to his terms to download DirectX.

Help!!!!

MichelleC 16:09 13 Mar 04

DirectX 9a is buggy and updating to 9b fixes a lot.

I'm not too hot on analogue convertion but it may be the capture is set to mpeg NTSC and not PAL. May be worth trying the Pinnacle capture utility as well.

Other things to check:

Use EndItAll to close off all non-vital b/ground progs click here (as av, firewall, system restore etc can interfer with capture or drop frames.
Check DMA is enabled on drives.

Also try updating your card's driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…