test.ocx

anchor 12:03 31 Jan 04

I have just done a scan of my hard disc with Norton A/V 2004, (with the latest definition file).

It reported that test.ocx was present, and is a security risk. It recommended deletion, but was unable to do it. A search of the Norton knowledge base failed to give any info: on this file. A scan done by Housecall showed no problem.

Can anyone enlighten me further?.

Big Elf 12:22 31 Jan 04

I found this click here

Maybe running AdAware or Spybot might help.

Big Elf 12:23 31 Jan 04

Spybot click here

AdAware click here

SpywareBlaster click here

VoG II 12:33 31 Jan 04

It MAY be associated with a trojan downloader.dia.a but I can't find much sensible information on this. It might be worth running a trojan scanner click here click here

anchor 16:41 31 Jan 04

Thanks for your replies. Just tried a Trojan scan with Trojan Remover, and it found nothing.

Big Elf 17:34 31 Jan 04

Try the others as well if you can. Some programs miss things. I couldn't find enough information on Google to suggest whether it was a serious threat or a minor annoyance.

Eastender 23:49 31 Jan 04

Have you had a go at programming? cos I think the file extension OCX is used in VB and C++ with Active X.

Gaz 25 00:42 01 Feb 04

This is Bridge spyware, there are removal instructions on the Pest Patrol website.

W32/Bridge.Spyware

anchor 15:45 01 Feb 04

Thanks again. No, I have not been doing any programming, (would`nt know how anyway).

Gaz 25: been to the pest control site, but could not find any reference to test.ocx. I found a number of refs: to Bridge spyware, but nothing specific. Also tried a search for W32/Bridge.Spyware with no result. Can you point me in the right direction please.

By the way, just done an on-line scan with McAfee, all clear. Is Norton over-reacting?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…