Testing for USB 2.0 Hispeed

Kalb 13:35 28 Jul 07

I have a MSI KM4M Series Mainboard which has an integrated USB 2.0 controller & the OS is WinXP Home.
I've always assumed I have USB 2.0 for Printer,Scanner External HD etc until I connected a USB programmer the other day and received the message 'This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hispeed USB 2.0 port'
Device Manager reports USB Controller is Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Bios under Integrated Peripherals, Via Onchip PCI Devices that the OnChip USB Controller & The OnChip USB20 Controller are enabled but that the USB Legacy KB Support & the USB Legacy MS Support are disabled.
Does anyone know if there is a way to test a USB port to see if it is Hispeed 2.0 ?

Stuartli 14:17 28 Jul 07

Go to Device Manager>USB Controllers.

If you system is USB2.0 enabled, you will normally see the word Enhanced at least once.

You may have to update the motherboard drivers if Enhanced is not listed from your motherboard manufacturer's website.

Also see:

click here

Kalb 16:12 28 Jul 07

Thanks Stuartli
As I reported previously in Device Manager it does say USB Controller is Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller so that is enough to indicate that I have USB 2.0 you are saying.
Is there not some definitive test to apply to a USB port to find out how fast it is ?

Stuartli 17:05 28 Jul 07

Some USB devices require installation of their own USB drivers - it's not necessarily a catch all driver.

Kalb 20:34 28 Jul 07

If there's still anyone interested in discovering the speed of their USB sockets the following is a reference to USB Loop back testers which will obviously suit what I require click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5