Testing Programmes after Registry clean

john bunyan 16:57 13 Feb 09

I use cCleaner and sometimes Eusing as registry cleaners. After recent problems I had to uninstall and re install a few programmes. cCleaner shows quite a few items, and Eusing very many to clean up. Of course I do a reg back up, but one could have a suite (EG Roxio Creator 2009) where you do not often use parts of it for weeks or more, so are not sure how long to keep the reg restore. Is there a(free) programme that, following a registry clean, checks if all your installed software has it's correct regitry entries?

skidzy 20:31 13 Feb 09

" Is there a(free) programme that, following a registry clean, checks if all your installed software has it's correct regitry entries? "

Thats highly unlikely due to the thousands of entries your system will hold.
Not to mention the shared Dll's.

Safest measure and true test...is actually trying the programs.

john bunyan 22:30 13 Feb 09

I thought so. Trouble is that although it is easy to test some programmes such as Photoshop, in the case of a suite like Creator 2009, there are bits I don't use much. I do look for red warnings in the Application section after Run, eventvwr.msc - thanks for input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced