Testing Memory

MIke 18:54 18 Mar 05

A little while ago I posted re a problem with Acronis True Image 8 randomly crashing my PC click here

I've today received a reply from their support this is their reply from the minidump info I sent them;-

"It seems that the problem is related to your memory module. If you have your processor overclocked please disable overclocking. Could you please replace it and see whether the problem resists?

We are always at your service should you have any further questions."

My processor isn't overclocked, so maybe I have faulty memory.

The POST doesn't display any memory problems, and other than the trouble I've had running TI my PC is fine.

I always understood that if a faulty memory module were in a PC it would cause troubles such as failure to Boot correctly and other problems.

My question is how do you test memory? I don't really want to go out and buy replacement memory to see if it solves the problem, if there is nothing actually wrong with my memory.

Thanks

Mike

JonnyTub 18:55 18 Mar 05
  MIke 19:00 18 Mar 05

Thanks that was quick response I'll try that later

Mike

MIke 21:45 18 Mar 05

Looks like I do have faulty memory chip One of the addresses showed up as bad. Strange how only one program appears to be affected though.

Thanks Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…