Testing HHD

ikle_pixie 21:33 16 Nov 03

i've got 2 questions really.

1)I have a HHD in my PC that i never use. My ex put it in and i cant remember if he said it properly or not, so is there something i can use to test it before i start saving stuff on there...

2)Can anyone tell me why kazaa keeps crashing my pc. Never had problems with it before. Ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it. i Cleaned it out of the registry but i still crashes my pc.

I use windows 2000 professional....

AubreyS 21:38 16 Nov 03

Because Kazaa should be flushed down the toilet. Its the PC's worst enemy.

VoG II 21:39 16 Nov 03

2) KaZaa comes bundled with all sorts of grot and if you use it, you risk downloading viruses, spyware and other dross onto your 'puter.

Free virus scans click here click here click here

PLus get Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

AubreyS 21:41 16 Nov 03

And to get rid of the demon Kazaa click here

ikle_pixie 21:46 16 Nov 03

erm...not the answer i was looking for, tee hee...but thanks anyway. I already use ad-aware and spy checking programs.

VoG II 21:49 16 Nov 03

I won't waste my time anymore then.

ikle_pixie 21:54 16 Nov 03

no no, i apreciate it really....

anyone got any ideas for the Hard drive?

Djohn 21:58 16 Nov 03

You say in your post that, "kazaa keeps crashing my pc". Have you tried running your PC for a while without Kazaa installed? If you find that it behaves itself, then you have your answer to your question. j.

woodchip 22:02 16 Nov 03

Can you see the extra hard drive in Windows Explorer if you can try drag and drop a file to it

AubreyS 22:24 16 Nov 03

ok we'll forget the devil kazaa... for now! run scan disk on it and as Woodchip says try copying some stuff to it. If that goes ok... its ok. Good luck.

Djohn 22:29 16 Nov 03

In my post at 21:58 I wasn't saying "Don't use Kazaa". I meant, if your PC runs fine without the program, then you know that the copy you have is corrupt in some way and causing the problem. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…