//some 3rd party need geo

Testing

sordit 21:36 05 Aug 04

Please could anyone give some tips on testing the following:- 1) Motherboard. 2) Hard drive. 3) CD+ DVD+RW. Also my memory modules. I have just built a computer from scratch. Unfortunately, the screen is blank. I have tested the CPU which is in working order. The fans and lights including the DVD lights come on. The floppy drive light does not light. I mentioned earlier, I was not getting (POST) on switching on. This is the first computer I have ventured to builsd. Thank you for any information

stalion 22:42 05 Aug 04

^^

Chegs ® 22:51 05 Aug 04

Try firing the mobo up with just the essential attachments(mobo+floppy drive,although yours could be creating the problem as it doesn't indicate if its working or not)mobo and hdd,leave the optical drives out until you have reduced the possibilities a bit.If its possible,check the graphics card is working in another machine,if not remove and reseat it carefully.How many sticks of RAM,if poss use just one stick.Make absolutely sure that none of the mobo's underside is in contact with the case.

woodchip 23:00 05 Aug 04

Remove all Drives including Floppy disc You should just Have cpu one stick of memory in the first slot and a Graphics card in the comp the press start you should then get white text on screen so you can get into BIOS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…