testimonials for site.

Patr100 20:56 13 Jan 08

I am working on a site for someoen who is a qualified (within their field) "complementary" therapist. Now aside from any issues of the proven efficacy of any such treatments etc. looking at similar site, I felt a small section of testimomonials from satisfied clients would be good to inlcude, particualry as the personal apsect is a major factor.

Now what if any are the legal requirements for such atatements? If a "Mr A" is showm to say he Never felt better" is a written signed statement always required or can it be verified in some other way?

Patr100 20:59 13 Jan 08

I wish we had an edit button - that was awful - let try that again:

I am working on a site for someone who is a qualified (within their field) "complementary" therapist. Now aside from any issues of the proven efficacy of any such treatments etc. looking at similar sites, I felt a small section of testimonials from satisfied clients would be good to include, particularly as the personal aspect is a major factor.

Now what if any are the legal requirements for such statements? If a "Mr A" is quoted to say he "Never felt better" - is a written signed statement always required or can it be verified in some other way?

Griffon 21:22 13 Jan 08

As long as the testimonials are genuine and they don't make dishonest claims about the treatment received then I would have thought they would be "legal". I've posted similar testimonials from customers of an estate agent I created a site for. But someone saying something like ""... thanks for offering such an efficient and personal service on selling our house." should be much less litigious than making certain health claims so, yeah, I'd consider what is said very carefully. You could always consult a lawyer I suppose. Arm and a leg job that though!!!

CodeMeister 21:28 13 Jan 08

Whenever I see these on a website, I always assume that they have all been made up and therefore it doesn't improve my perception of the person or company at all.

Kemistri 15:21 14 Jan 08

[1] Get it in writing and ask the client's clients (?!) to keep it brief.
[2] Attribute the quote using a full name and, preferably, a location.
[3] If you edit it, do not change what remains. Use it in full if possible.
[4] Be prepared to provide the proof should anyone ask for it.

In your case, suggest that client consults a law expert and know your legal obligations as well as theirs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac