Test if your ISP is shaping your traffic

gengiscant 18:46 PM 19 Aug 11

For those of you who are interested in such things. shaping?

octal 19:09 PM 19 Aug 11

My biggest problem is my ping rate, at this time of the evening I can get up to 16% packet loss, so much so it makes it like dailup.

Apparently there is a problem on the router at the server and it isn't going to be fixed until mid October according to the engineers.

gengiscant 07:35 AM 20 Aug 11

The only reason I posted this as I had intended moving to O2 but came across a post on their forums that went on for 20 odd pages of people complaining about this and the fact that the information is very difficult to read on the O2 website.

OP here: Throttling

birdface 09:11 AM 22 Aug 11

gengiscant

I know you like trying out new programs so found another for you to try.

http://www.celframe.com/free-antivirus/

gengiscant 09:31 AM 22 Aug 11

buteman

Hmmm,although I do have a Face-book page I have never got into the whole concept so this is not much use to me. As for anti virus and the like, although I have the basics, I very rarely scan and I must admit I cannot remember the last time I had anything nasty and I do a fair bit of torrenting. If I should get anything nasty that I cannot get rid of the I just reinstall,one of the benefits of a small SSD for OS and programs,its just as easy and a lot quicker reinstalling than faffing about trying to make sure whatever caused the problems has gone.

Thanks anyway.

birdface 10:10 AM 22 Aug 11

Something new and thought of you.

I know that you always experiment with new programs and thought it may have been up your street.

By the look of it it covers most things but how good it is is a different thing.

Like yourself I am always looking for new or free programs that I think will help.

But having just got Avast Internet Security I was not going to remove it just to try the new program.

I thought the comparison between them looked good.

http://www.celframe.com/free-antivirus/index.php/product/comparison

But then again it may not be as good as the others.

Will need to wait till we get some reviews for it to see how good or bad it is.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED