Test emails sent to myself vanishing

thumbscrew 13:15 18 Feb 15

I've had email problems recently with my Windows Live Mail, TalkTalk account. It's back to normal now, but when I send test emails to myself they don't always get through. Example...I sent six emails to myself this morning, one got through to me but the other five just vanished despite being listed in my sent box. Can anyone explain please?

alanrwood 20:00 18 Feb 15

Are they being caught by a spam filter at the ISP end?

cruiser2 20:07 18 Feb 15

I am having problems with one of my TalkTalk email addresses. I try to send emails and they will appear in my sent box. But they are not being received correctly. After a long phone call with TalkTalk, was told I could use webmail for this address. I have not changed any settings and the other three email addresses have not changed. So I have stopped using this email address and written to TT asking for an explanation.

thumbscrew 21:22 18 Feb 15

Many thanks alanrwood....that's a possibility but I can't think of any way to find out....does TT have spam filters- I thought that they were only our end? Cheers cruiser, I'm one of the Tiscali customers who were transferred over to TT and there have been problems with emails ever since.....dozens of problems, outtages, slow and delayed messages, some that vanish and others that show up in my sent box but mysteriously don't reach the other end. Best of luck with your written request, I've tried the lot-even emailed Dido Harding although she probably didn't receive it!

thumbscrew 23:21 18 Feb 15

Ok, just found the culprit, it was the Mail Shield in my Avast Free. Disabled it and all emails arriving now as they should. Thanks both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5