//some 3rd party need geo

Tesco.net keeps asking if I want to disconnect

hugeb 20:54 27 Jun 03

Can anyone help with a very annoying glitch.
Whilst online Tesco.net appears every 30 seconds or less asking if I wish to disconnect. How do I stop it?
It's probably something simple but.....I can't think how to cure the problem.

mammak 21:08 27 Jun 03

what os are you ect, it doe,s seem a very short time to ask you this ie: winxp doe,s promt after 15 min,s or so idle, but i wouldnt think this was your prob,it sound,s like a naff ISP to me but stick around there is a good lot on this forum that will help you, regard,s Mammak

hugeb 21:27 27 Jun 03

I'm running 98SE. my problem is that when online I am continually having to click 'NO' to make the box disappear.....it's really annoying

Bodi 22:06 27 Jun 03

I think you can put this right yourself, but for the life of me cannot remember where it is.

Somewhere (not very helpful, but someone will know what I'm refering to) there is an internet setting with something like "disconnect after idle for xx minutes". You can alter or disable this.

Will have a peep around my computer and see if I can find it. I'm using Win98se too!

A not very helpful,

Bodi

Bodi 22:12 27 Jun 03

It's in modem properties/connection

hope this helps

Bodi

steven_frost 22:44 27 Jun 03

to be honest i'd dump tesco's.net they dont have they have to many users for their severs

hugeb 23:41 28 Jun 03

Thanks Bodi.
Seems to have done the trick....
I agree with Seekit... Tesco net is much faster than AOL or Freeserve....I regularly connect at 49.6

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…