Is down today?

Debe 10:35 AM 02 Jun 11

Can't get into my e-mail account today :( Thanks!

birdface 10:42 AM 02 Jun 11

The site is Ok if you are using Firefox use I/e as firefox is rather pathetic for me this morning.

birdface 10:43 AM 02 Jun 11

Looks like I/E is not much better

Debe 10:43 AM 02 Jun 11

I'm using Google Chrome, but it wouldn't fire up on IE either! thanks.

Strawballs 13:45 PM 02 Jun 11

Might have something to do with their beer offer Tesco offer

A. Muse 20:18 PM 02 Jun 11

Just posted this on another thread (Posted Jun 2 '11 at 8:14)Hope it helps

Had a similar problem trying to download e-mails from via talk talk broadband since last night.

After help from a friend the problem was solved by changing the MTU on the broadband router from the default 1500 to 1432. Don't know if this will help.

Debe 21:24 PM 02 Jun 11

Thanks I am using pipex which is talk talk I think, problem is I don't have a clue what an MTU is or how I would change it- could you advise me please (a kind of help for dummies would do !) Thanks :)

A. Muse 21:53 PM 02 Jun 11

I am a dummy on the PC which is why I sought help.

As far as I can tell, you access the router via your web browser, IE, firefox or whatever, by typing in the address of the router instead of the http bit - something like and hitting enter.

This should display some router settings - if 192 etc. does not work refer to the manual for the router to get the address.

Then work through the menus to the advanced one where a setting for the MTU will be displayed. You may need a password to get in - on my router admin in both boxes did the trick.

Hope someone else can give fuller help to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know