Tesco.net ANYTIME connection problem

Brassed Off 13:20 09 Sep 03

Been unable to access Tesco.net for some days now - dials through OK and authenticates but then hangs.

Using Win XP with latest upgrades/patches. Also using AV and firewall.

Even tried expensive helpline to resolve - told me global viruses are creating huge bandwidth problems.

Helpline gave me additional phone number which worked once only !!!

Is it just me or is this affecting many others ??

Lozzy 13:27 09 Sep 03

Re-insert your user ID and Password. You may be surprised!!

Brassed Off 13:49 09 Sep 03

lozzy, I will give it a go when return home.

Can you explain the logic.

Wonder why the offical (and extremely rich)helpdesk did not mention your idea ?

I'll be back.

TommyRed 13:49 09 Sep 03
  Ironman556 22:02 09 Sep 03

There was a post about getting disconnected from TESCO (Surftime or equivalent I think) yesterday. Could be that TESCO are under heavy traffic at the moment...

kench 22:07 09 Sep 03

same problem started off great then went from bad to worse ask b.t.to turn the gain up on your line.

steven_frost 22:16 09 Sep 03

To be honest tesco.net is always having problems my friend uses and is nothing but problems change your ISP is the best thing i can say

TommyRed 22:56 09 Sep 03

Once again all I can say is I've had very few problems and if other people are, then it's either were they live or they've a problem with the settings on their PC. TR

Ironman556 23:16 09 Sep 03

Before swapping to a package from BT, I used UK Online click here, like all ISP's they have their good/bad days, but they're a decent free ISP if you want to try a different one.

Brassed Off 07:36 10 Sep 03

After a few further failed attempts last night I tried Lozzy's idea of constantly reclicking on tesco.net sign on and although messy and sometimes confusing does eventually get a line.

Had a response from [email protected] suggesting I turn off AV and FW - paah, makes no difference and also risky for my pc.

Also sent e-mail compliant to their marketing boss and await a response. Won't hold my breath too long on this one.

Believe tesco.net make use NTL systems.

The tesco telephone support guy did mention the blaster virus and user's XP systems were creating merry hell with their bandwidth and it was this that was screwing up access.

Maybe it is a geographic problem ?

So problem continues up to this point.

Ironman556 19:29 10 Sep 03

Had problems with email recently, BT claim it's dues to technical prob;ems and recent virii.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…