Tesco Broadband CD has invaded - how do I kill it?

Krisps 12:45 23 Dec 04

I was tempted to change from my Tiscali broadband connection by Tesco at £5 a month cheaper, and started loading with their CD from the local store.

I encountered a problem when it refused to dial up as part of the registration system, so contacted their helpline only to be told I could not load Tesco until I had completely removed Tiscali!

Being reluctant to accept this advice, I tried via the Tesco website, and it got as far as checking my location only to tell me that due to heavy demand they were unable to supply any numbers in my area!

I am now certain I do not want to risk changing to this service until they prove they have the capability and are reliable. THE PROBLEM - as a consequence of running their CD, even only in part, and despite clearing it all out with "Add/Remove programs", I now have a banner at the top of my Internet Explorer screen telling me proudly " Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Tesco internet access"

I don't want Tesco broadband, haven't got Tesco broadband, so how do I stop it telling me it is still there?

Lionheart ? 13:09 23 Dec 04

Have you got SpywareBlaster on your computer, if so you can change the heading to what ever you want.

Open SpywareBlaster,Tools,Misc IE settings, then change to what ever you want.

Lionheart ? 13:30 23 Dec 04

or try this click here

Gongoozler 13:33 23 Dec 04

Here's the registry fix click here

Krisps 13:56 23 Dec 04

Thanks guys - I used the link from Lionheart rather than Spyeware Blaster, and it works!

I appreciate the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…