I copied this from another forum.
I signed up with Tesco Broadband and was supposed to go active on the 22/09/04. After receiving my e-mail to say my line was now active I went to connect using broadband for the first time, however error message received 'no dial tone', after checking all filters and cabling was correct tried again, 'no dial tone'. ADSL light flashing on my speedtouch modem obviously something wrong. Made my first of many calls to the Tesco Helpline(average wait for an answer so far 55 mins.) Explained to the technical team that I had checked all cabling etc uninstalled and re-installed software and still not working, so obviously they say must be an exchange problem, they will pass it over to B.T.
It is now the 29/09/04 and having spent probably 11 hours all together either waiting for an answer or talking to a techie I am still not able to connect. I was going to cancel my subscription and was told that would cost me £70 and I would have to give 30 days notice.
I cannot begin to explain the utter incompetence and blase manner in which I have been treated and am wondering what other Tesco Broadband horror stories are out there.whatit