tesco broadband

pl 14:26 09 Oct 04

hi anyone use tesco broadband

whatsit 14:39 09 Oct 04

I copied this from another forum.

I signed up with Tesco Broadband and was supposed to go active on the 22/09/04. After receiving my e-mail to say my line was now active I went to connect using broadband for the first time, however error message received 'no dial tone', after checking all filters and cabling was correct tried again, 'no dial tone'. ADSL light flashing on my speedtouch modem obviously something wrong. Made my first of many calls to the Tesco Helpline(average wait for an answer so far 55 mins.) Explained to the technical team that I had checked all cabling etc uninstalled and re-installed software and still not working, so obviously they say must be an exchange problem, they will pass it over to B.T.
It is now the 29/09/04 and having spent probably 11 hours all together either waiting for an answer or talking to a techie I am still not able to connect. I was going to cancel my subscription and was told that would cost me £70 and I would have to give 30 days notice.
I cannot begin to explain the utter incompetence and blase manner in which I have been treated and am wondering what other Tesco Broadband horror stories are out there.whatit

spuds 16:35 09 Oct 04

If you use the PCA search facility, key in Tesco Broadband and you should find six other similar threads.

Frosty120 01:54 11 Nov 04

Just got it.
Apparently this sort of problem is common.
Click the password box and retype your password. Then connect again.
If that doesnt work you can call them and ask them to reset the password.
Don't know if this helps, but I had a similar problem and this solved it,
Frosty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…