//some 3rd party need geo

terrible in Firefox

Staszek 16:09 21 Feb 05

Hi I have a website that works well in most browsers but the graphics DO NOT work in 'Firefox'
Can someone help me please

Diodorus Siculus 17:21 21 Feb 05

Is it your firefox or everyones? If yours, check that images are not disabled.

Can you post a link to the site so that people can see it and maybe look at the offending code.

Staszek 20:34 21 Feb 05

Hi Diodorus the address of the site is www,birdspoland.com.pl anyone is welcome to look and offer advice. Les

Diodorus Siculus 21:02 21 Feb 05

Shows images on firefox for me - firefox 1 on suse9.2

Diodorus Siculus 21:04 21 Feb 05

Mind you, there are none on the front page. should there be? click here

Staszek 21:14 21 Feb 05

Hi Diodorus,
The site is supposed to be the same as in windows. The strange thing is I have the site on my desktop and from there it's perfect. I think I should point out here that I'm an ABSOLUTE NOVICE with computers. Les

PurplePenny 21:15 21 Feb 05

Your background images don't work in Firefox, Mozilla or Opera 7 so I suspect there is some proprietary IE code in there. Put your pages through the W3C validator click here and you will quickly find out what it is that Fx/Moz and Opera don't like.

Staszek 21:17 21 Feb 05

Thanks fourm member for your valued advise. Les

Staszek 21:23 21 Feb 05

Hi everyone' this is part of the text I received from W3C. I don't understand it. Les
'I was not able to extract a character encoding labeling from any of the valid sources for such information. Without encoding information it is impossible to reliably validate the document. I'm falling back to the "UTF-8" encoding and will attempt to perform the validation, but this is likely to fail for all non-trivial documents'.

Staszek 21:24 21 Feb 05

I really can't thank you guys (sorry if there are ladie) enough for your help.

Staszek 05:52 22 Feb 05

Fourm member the site was actually created by my young Polish nephew and he did a lot of writing of HTML and he also used a lot of jave from a company called 'Swish'. Other than that I don't know too much about how he did it. Thanks though for all the wonderful support. Can I ask your overall opinion of the site? Les

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…