terratec phono preamp

Smokeyone 12:43 23 Oct 07

Hello
Many months ago I purchased the phono preamp to convert my old lp's to cd.
All plugged in okay but no signal at all.
It plugs into a spare usb port and is listed under - start/settings/control panel/sounds and audio devices & under device manager sound and video game controllers plus usb controllers.
A signal is reaching the preamp because the led lights but nothing at the pc.
Any suggestions please.

Technotiger 12:58 23 Oct 07

Try it on another usb port. Also is the usb port you are using on the back of pc or at the front? and is said usb port on a usb hub? and if so is it a powered hub or not?

Lots of questions there, but - I am thinking that perhaps your preamp needs to be connected via a Powered usb hub. Any other connection may not be providing enough power.

Smokeyone 14:42 23 Oct 07

Have tried all four usb ports but actually it is on a rear one at the moment. Could you explain about a powered usb hub.

Thanks

Technotiger 14:50 23 Oct 07

Powered hubs have their own power supply, so they are not drawing power from the PC.

click here

100andthirty 15:07 23 Oct 07

I'm asking some very simple questions.

How do you know no sound is reaching the PC? What are you using to record the sound?

You have to select this Terratec device as a sound card. Open the properties for sound in Control Panel and under the audio tab you should find drop down lists for recording and playback devices.

You might have something similar in your recording programme.

Smokeyone 17:22 23 Oct 07

No sound comes out of the pc speakers but what do you use to record the sound. The software supplied with the phono preamp only amends/improves/removes scratches/etc etc. As far as I can see it does not record.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…