terminally slow I.E.6.0 & O.Express

richard-232101 16:06 02 Jan 05

I m having major problems with my browser,am using Xp pro, with I.E. 6.0 and out look express. It cxan take up to five miniutes to come on screen, and in task manager there are sometimes multiple applications running at the same time.

I have done a full virus screen with fully updated Norton anti virus software, a recent defrag has not helped at all. I am connect via AOL to the broadband, which appears to work fine. Recently updated thier software connection package, and all seemed well.

Run Xp pro on an amd mobile processor, with 512kb memory, using an Evo N1015v laptop. Any help please

johnnyrocker 16:48 02 Jan 05

i find the average is about 30 - 40 processes you could alwasy click star/run and type in msconfig and see what items are starting up, try ticking selective start up and see what happens then after a reboot, i suspect you may have a lot of spyware though causing the issue, what anti spyware do you currently run?

richard-232101 17:27 02 Jan 05

I regularly run spybot 1.2,and usually get a clean bill of health

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…