Teredo Tunneling pseudo interface

hiwatt 10:08 20 Apr 15

Hi folks. All of a sudden I've got this yellow exclamation mark showing in device manager under realtek PCIe GB family controler saying that the device cannot start? I've tried updating the driver and it's telling me I've already got the best driver installed.When I scan for any it doesn't find anything. Does anyone know what could have caused this as there has been no hardware changes or anything at my end?

Secret-Squirrel 11:12 20 Apr 15

I wouldn't worry about it.

The Teredo Tunneling pseudo interface is a software driver for connecting to IPv6 networks. It's not a hardware device. You won't be using IPv6 so there's little point in spending time trying to fix something that's not causing a problem.

hiwatt 13:51 20 Apr 15

Thanks SS. Do you have any idea why it would be showing under device manager all of a sudden and how to prevent it from showing there. Not a huge problem I know but it's annoying all the same and just wondering why it's appeared all of a sudden? Thanks.

Secret-Squirrel 17:23 20 Apr 15

"Do you have any idea why it would be showing under device manager all of a sudden...........just wondering why it's appeared all of a sudden?.............."

It's always been there ;) It's normally a "Hidden Device" but has suddenly become visible because it's now in an error state.

If you Google "Teredo Tunneling pseudo interface" and "the device cannot start" you'll find zillions of potential fixes. One of them is bound to work but in my opinion it's not worth the faff if it's not causing you any noticeable problems.

"....how to prevent it from showing there"

You could try right-clicking it and choosing "Disable" which may make it invisible again.

hiwatt 19:02 20 Apr 15

I just uninstalled it and rebooted.No yellow exclamation marks annoying me anymore :)

Secret-Squirrel 09:04 21 Apr 15

That was nice 'n' easy - thanks for the update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017