TeraCopy copying to DVD discs from external drive

jonem81 08:27 AM 18 Jul 12

I have a freebie copy of TeraCopy, and it's fine because the original dates of files are not lost during copying. However, I would like to know that when I copy from my WD external drive to DVD discs, will the drive inform me to 'change discs' when one is full, and then to inform me to 'insert new disc' until copying is complete? I have sent TeraCopy a similar query but that was over a week ago now, and I don't know if my freebie copy is supported. I have about 76GB to copy. Anyone help,please? jonem81

Nontek 08:53 AM 18 Jul 12

With that amount to copy, surely it would be better to get another external drive on which to keep the copied data!

You would need at least 20-odd DVDs for that lot, or if your DVD Drive is capable, at least 10x 8.5Gb Double Layer DVDs.

robin_x 09:18 AM 18 Jul 12

Agree with Nontek and optical discs are not reliable long term. But if you want to anyway....

I can't see any mention of Teracopy spanning discs, although it may.

CDBurnerXP certainly will though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X