Tempory Internet Files

Dekka123 19:19 13 Jul 03

I tried to delete The Tempory Internet files from my daughters computer and kept getting internet options not responding. I tried this 4 or 5 times without success. She is running windows 98. She has not deleted the files for about two years so there must be a few on. Can anyone help please. Is there any other way to take them off apart from the normal way. Thans in anticipation

Valvegrid 19:24 13 Jul 03

I have been using this progam to delete the temp files for some time now and it seems to work well. By the way you won't delete the files in index.dat, there is a way, but I don't think this is what your after.

click here

Paul.

jazzypop 19:26 13 Jul 03

Try Fred Langa's batch files - WipeTIF should do the job. click here

wee eddie 20:00 13 Jul 03

I assume, via Internet Explorer - Properties.

If she has not deleted anything for a couple of years then the process could take 20 minutes or more, depending on the amount of HDD space allocated to the Temp folder.

keith-236785 21:35 13 Jul 03

click here, this reports to empty temporary files, i havent used it though so i cant tell you how it works

good luck anyway

Ironman556 21:51 13 Jul 03

Have you tried deleting through the internet browser and through the disk cleanup program?

Dekka123 01:17 14 Jul 03

Thanks a lot everybody I am sure one of these methods will do the trick

wee eddie 21:19 14 Jul 03

While no-one competes to provide the right solution!!!!!!

It could be helpful to anyone else who is reading the thread to know what it was that solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…