Temporary loss of sound on tv

capewell38 28 May 11

I have a Sony Bravia KDL 40D3500U and every so often (maybe 2 or 3 times daily) the sound will be lost for around 2 or 3 seconds. Whilst this does not sound much it is really irritating. Can anybody tell me why this happens or better still how to fix it.

My grateful thanks in advance.

Graphicool1 28 May 11

Hi

When does it happen? By this I mean any particular time of day. Do you lose the sound briefly in conjunction with timers switching on and off, such as the emersion, kettle, fridge etc. Are you watching on Sky, Freeview are the programmes live or recorded?

capewell38 28 May 11

It happens throughout the day. It doesn't occur in conjunction with anything else going on/off. we watch through sky.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 28 May 11

Try a factory reset

Turn your Sony Bravia on by pushing either the power button on the front of the TV or the power button on the remote control, which is located in the upper right corner of the remote.

Press and hold the "up arrow" button on the remote control. The up arrow button is located in the middle of the remote, to the left of the "Input" button and below the "Picture" button.

Press the power button on the TV while still holding down the up arrow button. The TV will turn off and then turn itself back on.

Release the up arrow button. Once the TV turns itself back on, it will restore your Sony Bravia to its factory settings.

capewell38 28 May 11

I think my remote is not the same as you describe. There is an up arrow and a power button. I did as you said, but the tv did not come back on when holding down the up arrow. The remote I have is model RM-ED009.

Graphicool1 28 May 11

capewell38

Did you get a manual with the TV? Have you looked up trouble shooting? If you've already been down that route and had no joy. Perhaps the manual might tell you how to reset to default?

woodchip 28 May 11

It may be the sound chip on the Board, that,s gone dickey. Heat may be the problem. You need to check it out with a good TV repair man, He should be able to find out by using a cooler spray

woodchip 28 May 11

It may be the sound chip on the Board, that,s gone dickey. Heat may be the problem. You need to check it out with a good TV repair man, He should be able to find out by using a cooler spray.

PS do not go in the back there are things in there that can kill when the power is switched off

capewell38 29 May 11

thanks guys

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message