Temporary Internet files in Vista

I've got a Trojan(vendo epf)in my temp int fioles but I can't get to the temp int files can't find them.How do I open them

ened 17:45 13 Jun 08

Try looking in these places:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\index.dat

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\low\index.dat

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History\Content.IE5\index.dat

mfletch 17:48 13 Jun 08

You can use Ccleaner to delete all your temp files and more,

click here

mfletch

Tried Ccleaner,Bullgaurd and Win Def they find Temp int files but can't delete as they are in use,I've tried looking in the locations where they should be,but even with "hidden folders" showing I can't find the files not even cookies.

Taff™ 07:44 14 Jun 08

Which Anti-virus are you using? Run it in safe mode.

Am using Bullguard v7.3,tried running it in safe mode, no luck but I still can't get to my Temp internet files or cookies.

Taff™ 09:24 14 Jun 08

So Bullgard identifies the trojan but can`t do anything with it? (Quarantine/Delete/Repair etc.)

Thanks.Got rid of the virus in safe mode at the third attempt but still can't get to to temp int files and cookies where are they in Medion's comp Vista sp1

FatboySlim71 10:23 16 Jun 08

Try deleting ALL RESTORE POINTS. This can be done as follows:

Control Panel/system and maintenance/backup and restore center/ down the left handside of the window you should see "CREATE A RESTORE POINT OR CHANGE SETTINGS", click this, then continue, next remove the tick that is shown next to the computers hard drive (this is basically the one that will have your operating system on), it will say "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO TURN SYSTEM RESTORE OFF, ALL EXISTING RESTORE POINTS WILL BE DELETED AND NO OTHERS WILL BE CREATED", click the TURN SYSTEM RESTORE OFF tab, now all the system restore points will be deleted, basically with virus's/trojans, they can sometimes remain in restore points.

Also like mentioned above CCleaner will delete temp int files, I would recommend after doing what I mentioned above, that you then restart your PC, run CCleaner, next you will need to switch SYSTEM RESTORE ON, basically this is done by doing the same procedure as mentioned above (albeit in reverse).

I've now got rid of the virus but I still want to view my Temp int files but I can't get to them.

User-1229748 14:21 16 Jun 08

the only way i know to view them is by using disk cleanup,click on the temp internet files and then click on view files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…