Temporary Internet Files

zoobie 08:52 04 Jan 03
  zoobie 08:52 04 Jan 03

I've just looked at my Windows Explorer and found THOUSANDS of images and files in these folders:

Windows>Temp>Temporary Internet Files>ContentIE5>4 folders packed

Windows>Temporary Internet Files>ContentIE5>4 more folders packed

Are 8 folders really necessary? I've tried to delete some folders but get a nasty message saying it's part of the browser.

Since I'm running an old machine, I really need to get rid of all temporary files to free up space. I thought by closing the browser, all these went away.

How would I set up my 'puter to do just that?

« Ravin » 08:55 04 Jan 03

do not delete the folders but you can delete the files. try going to tools>internet options in ie and click on delete files,delete cookies and clear history to get rid of all the files.

Andsome 09:08 04 Jan 03

I Internet Explorer TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/ADVANCED. Scroll down to Security, and put a tick in the box which says to empty temporary folders when browser is closed

zoobie 09:30 04 Jan 03

Ok...I did that and now only 2 almost empty folders exist in the Windows>Temporary Internet Files>ContentIE5>2 folders

Now, what about those other 4 folders under Windows>Temp>Temporary Internet Files>ContentIE5>4 packed folders?

I'm thinking maybe this was IE5 or something. I really want to delete it. Think it's ok?

When I cleared the Temp Internet Files, my browser reset itself and opened up full. What's with that?

Also, what are those [11],[12],[13] numbers in the folders?

zoobie 09:44 04 Jan 03

Forget it...I tossed it and nothing happened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…