Temporary Internet Files

Done and dusted 12:59 26 Jan 06

How do I delete to free up space on computer and can I delete all?

Press Man 13:10 26 Jan 06

Open Internet Options, General tab and under Temporary Internet Files click 'Delete files'. Then click settings and set the "slider" to 50MB this will limit the amount of disk space used.

Done and dusted 13:21 26 Jan 06

Already done that. But when I run a Search on Temporary Internet Files it comes up with 7 folders packed full of files.

Press Man 13:31 26 Jan 06

Download CCleaner from click here this should do what you want.

Monument 13:31 26 Jan 06

You can use ccleaner click here. This will remove other unwanted data as well as TIF.

Done and dusted 13:37 26 Jan 06

1. Is it reputable and safe to download?

2. Will it remove other unwanted data without asking me first.

3. TIF?

Press Man 13:41 26 Jan 06

1. Is it reputable and safe to download? = Yes

2. Will it remove other unwanted data without asking me first. = No, read and note the programme options available, make a restore point before using, just as a precaution.

3. TIF? = Temporary Internet Files

Done and dusted 13:46 26 Jan 06

TIF - obviously!

Can you tell me why when I did Tools/Internet ptions/General/Delete Files including offline, the files were not removed then?

Press Man 13:59 26 Jan 06

I am not sure but it maybe that there are "hidden" TIF folders and they are not "cleaned" by this method? but I am sure someone more knowledgeable than myself can answer this fully.

Done and dusted 14:09 26 Jan 06

Anyone more knowledgeable out there please?

MichelleC 14:14 26 Jan 06

TIF can accumilate all over the place. Look also in Documents and Settings for each user and each ensuing folder will likely have them, including all drives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac