Temporary Internet Files

genesis59 11:28 25 Oct 05

Running Windows ME.
There are two "Temporary Internet Files" folders on my PC. One in the Windows/Temp directory and another in the Windows directory. The former holds no files at present because I think this is the folder that "empties on browser closure". The latter file contains numerous Temp Int Files and I have to clear manually.
Am I able to get rid of the second Temp Int Files folder?
The reason I ask is that I am still having trouble with my "Ccapp not responding" problem and Norton suggests too many files in the Temp Int Files folder may be causing the bother and recommends deleting these files. I was under the impression this was happening because of my IE settings for emptying these folders on closing the browser. It may be that Norton is "looking" at my second folder and getting confused.
Would appreciate your help. Thanks

jimv7 11:43 25 Oct 05

Bin norton, there are many free programes, avg, avast, anti-virus's, sygate, kerio firewalls all are less intrusive on the puter and work just as well if not better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…