Temporary Internet Files

User-178362 21:01 12 Sep 05

There are 91,680KB Temporary Internet files on my sisters computer, that I think needs to go. What do you think to that. I would like to delete them, but would I be in the wrong I ask myself.

mbp 21:11 12 Sep 05

Created by browsing on the Web. Delete them and free up some space. It won't do any harm. It will soon be recreated again when you browse the web.

Jackcoms 21:18 12 Sep 05

In fact it's amazing how many crap/temporary files build up over a short period of using the PC.

Use click here

You can safely delete everything it finds.

VoG II 21:28 12 Sep 05

Actually CleanUp! click here is a little easier for 'absolute beginners'.

wee eddie 21:52 12 Sep 05

Start > Internet > Right Click > Internet Properties > Left Click > General > Temporary Internet Files > Delete Files > Left Click.

You will see the Hour Glass and with the number of files she has, it could take a while. Just wait. It will do the job.

Danoh 03:31 13 Sep 05

Or to clear up more than just Temp Internet Files; Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Cleanup.

The "Other Options" tab also gives a 3rd Button to remove all but your most recent System Restore Point, if your system has been running without any problems and you have not installed new programs/devices for a while.

omega-13 15:22 16 Sep 05

webroot window washer, use google to find great little program washes temp files + loads of others. You can set it to wash everytime you disconnect from the internet, no probs

jay77 05:31 04 Oct 05

Eddie tried to do what you said,but no internet was on 98 se menu at start mate!

wee eddie 07:46 04 Oct 05

Should read "Internet Explorer"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…