temporary files

wunup 20:02 20 May 03

A friend says every visit to a web site is stored as a temporary file. Is this true and will it clog my tiny computers hard drive with rubbish i dont need? If so, how do i get rid of them and can i stop it from happening. Help much appreciated..

OneSirKnight 20:07 20 May 03

start/control panel/internet options/tempory internet files/delete files

Gongoozler 20:38 20 May 03

Hi wunup. Follow the instructions of OneSirKnight, and while you have the Internet Options panel open, click on the Settings button. You can then see how much disk space is allocated to Temporary Internet files. You can reduce the amount either by moving the slider or by typing the figure into the window. What happens is that as the allocated space gets filled the oldest files drop off the end. The reason IE saves the files is so they can be reused if you revisit a web site, and so save download time.

wunup 21:21 20 May 03

Thanks people. Most helpful of you. This helproom is great and i will be back for more advice without a doubt. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…