Temporary Files

donbee 23:07 22 Apr 04

In just four days and only about six goes of (say) half an hour on the internet, I have collected approximately 1500 and 70mb of temporary files and temp. internet files (shown on my uninstall programme). Where do they all come from, and why? I get lots of spam each time I log on but 'mailwasher' stops it entering my computer. Can anybody advise? Don

cycoze 23:14 22 Apr 04

Every web page you look at is downloaded and stored on your machine in the temporary internet folder , 1500 files will be made up of all the parts of the pages , gif`s jpg`s txt etc.

dave h 09:55 23 Apr 04

to add to cycoze's posting.... This is done to enable the computer to quickly display the previous page when you hit the 'Back' button in Internet explorer.

You should clear them out regularly (every few days) by going to Tools > Internet Options and then going to the 'Temporary Internet Files' box and selecting 'Delete'

dave h 09:59 23 Apr 04

To add to 'Cycloze's posting - they are there to enable the computer to quickly dispay the previous page whenm you hit the 'Back' button when browsing.

You shold remove them every few days, which you do by going to the 'Tools' menu, selecting 'Internet options' and from the 'Temporary Internet Files' box select 'Delete Files'.

dave h 10:00 23 Apr 04

To add to 'Cycloze's posting - they are there to enable the computer to quickly dispay the previous page when you hit the 'Back' button when browsing.

You shold remove them every few days, which you do by going to the 'Tools' menu, selecting 'Internet options' and from the 'Temporary Internet Files' box select 'Delete Files'.

To add to 'Cycloze's posting - they are there to enable the computer to quickly dispay the previous page when you hit the 'Back' button when browsing.

You should remove them every few days, which you do by going to the 'Tools' menu, selecting 'Internet options' and from the 'Temporary Internet Files' box select 'Delete Files'.

Chronos 10:05 23 Apr 04

i think we got the gist of it :-)

dth 10:08 23 Apr 04

If you have a BB connection or pay a fixed rate dial up - it is best to reduce the maximum size of your internet explorer temp internet page folder.

Newuser4165 10:21 23 Apr 04

Go to Tools,Internet Options and select Advanced.
Scroll down to Security and tick the box to empty the Temp Internet Files folder when closing browser

Sethhaniel 10:21 23 Apr 04

Oepn Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - on General tab Temporary Internet Files - Settings (check how much space allocated for 'Temp Int files' and limit it to smaller amount - also clear up while there hit 'delete' to empty folder -
at bottom 'Days to keep pages in History'reduce also Clear History to clear the |Address drop down box' but if you have your passwords set for automatically logged in it will clear them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017