.Temporarily disconnect Norton Internet

surfer47 18:56 PM 11 Dec 12

I am using Windows with Vista and Norton Internet. I also have Adobe Elements. I receive updates from time to time bu I can't install them, reason being Norton Internet. I am unable to find a way to disable Norton long enough to install updates. Does anyone know how I might accomplish this? Regards

difarn 07:01 AM 12 Dec 12

You should be able to right-click on the Norton icon on your task bar, bottom right, and there you will see the option to disable Anti-Virus auto protect. A window pops up and you enter for how long it should be disabled.

geowestfall 11:54 AM 18 Dec 12

Disabling Norton

Open Norton Internet Security
Click on Norton Internet Security tab
Select Settings
Click Auto- Protect > Turn Off
Click Personal Firewall > Turn Off (to enable click on Turn On)

Disabling Norton 360

Start Norton 360.
In the Norton 360 main window, in the upper-right corner, click Tasks & Settings.
In the Tasks & Settings window, on the right, click Change Advanced Settings.
In the Advanced Settings window, click Virus & Spyware Protection Settings.
In the Automatic Protection Settings tab, uncheck Turn on Auto-Protect, and then click Apply.
Under "How long would you like to disable Auto-Protect for?" select Until I turn it back on, and then click OK.
Click Firewall Protection Settings.
Under Firewall, click Off.
Click Apply.
Under "How long should the firewall remain turned off?" select Until I turn back on, and then click OK.
Click Close
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things