Template Normal.dot in Ms Word 2002

justrr 23:12 24 Jan 03

Every time I close Microsoft Word I get a message saying changes have been made to the global template. As I haven't made any changes, how can I stop this annoying message without cancelling the option to notify me when I have made changes? The message appears even if I have only displayed a document and then closed Word.

AMD 4 ever 23:33 24 Jan 03

this i a bug. Find the Normal.doc file, delete it a reboot, it should then reset itself!

AMD 4 ever 23:34 24 Jan 03

sorry getting late.
In short, find,delete,reboot..all good!

justrr 11:06 25 Jan 03

Thanks for the advice. Regret no change after deleting normal.dot and re-booting. Still thinks changes have been made.

VoG™ 11:10 25 Jan 03
  justrr 18:06 25 Jan 03

Having followed VoG advice and visiting Microsoft page I established that my virus checker is up to date and that I did not have Stamps.com Internet Postage Add-in installed. Lacking any other train of thought I started deleting all the macros in Word (having made a copy of my normal.dot) but still could not lose the "changes" message when closing Word. In the process, using the TOOLS menu and clicking TEMPLATES and ADD-INS, I noticed a one named Pfalbum.dot which I could not remove as the button was greyed out. Using Explorer I then deleted the file and Hey Presto ! - no more message. I then reinstated my original normal.dot to keep my Auto Text and Macros and thankfully the "changes" messages are no more. I do not know where the Pfalbum.dot came from, but am posting my experience in case it is helpful to any other bogus message sufferers

justrr 18:06 25 Jan 03

Having followed VoG advice and visiting Microsoft page I established that my virus checker is up to date and that I did not have Stamps.com Internet Postage Add-in installed. Lacking any other train of thought I started deleting all the macros in Word (having made a copy of my normal.dot) but still could not lose the "changes" message when closing Word. In the process, using the TOOLS menu and clicking TEMPLATES and ADD-INS, I noticed a one named Pfalbum.dot which I could not remove as the button was greyed out. Using Explorer I then deleted the file and Hey Presto ! - no more message. I then reinstated my original normal.dot to keep my Auto Text and Macros and thankfully the "changes" messages are no more. I do not know where the Pfalbum.dot came from, but am posting my experience in case it is helpful to any other bogus message sufferers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…