template advice

Smokeyone 07:49 14 May 08

I would appreciate any opions on usuing a template for web design. The design is for a business promoting just four weekend city type breaks to europe over a year. The breaks are not inexpensive but are good value and aimed at a niche market. Most of the templates I have found so far are for beech holiday and to be honest the sites for existing holiday companies do not excite me that much.
This might be over the top but it could be altered
click here

Any ideas welcomed

Smokeyone 09:52 14 May 08

Unlike "Property Ladder" developers I try to take advice so no "Flash" then. I can always get a WYSIWYG package but am I still on a loser with all the web competition. Is it almost impossible to find perhaps 150 customers over a year via the web.....

sean-278262 00:06 20 May 08

Smokeyone I think as always the forum editor is very right. Avoid flash. However having a website is not a bad idea. Any business should always have a website no matter how big or small and spend at least a small time adding updates so that those browsing the web for that particular niche holiday might just stumble across your site. My partner and I did this when we took a weekend break in cumbria.

However a few further points, why use something displaying any photographs in the template of what you offer? A simple clean design such as that used by google can often be easier to navigate and also means your pages can have different images on each page. It is more attractive that way because people get more and more taste for the product as you work through the site for more information.

Personally I always like simple designs a top bar for the site name and a side navigation bar for the rest with a nice large content area in the rest of the space.

Another plus for simple designs is that to change the template later is usually easier and that site content will not end up appearing wrong if the design changes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…