Temperature sensors

radi8or 06:04 12 Nov 03

Hi all,if anyone's up,
Just a quicky,what is best to stick temperature sensors on to g\card ,cpu etc.

regards Bob

Gongoozler 08:48 12 Nov 03

Hi radi8or. This depends on the type of sensor. Does the sensor have to have close contact with one of the board components or is it sensing the temperature in the vicinity of the board. Also do you want to be able to remove the sensor at a later date.

A few years ago when I worked for a living as an electronics engineer, we often used Locktite Tak-Pak click here. This is a Cyanoacrilate adhesive (like superglue) that came as a 2-part kit with adhesive and activator, but this would be very expensive if you only want to stick one component. For most purposes a rapid epoxy adhesive such as Araldite Rapid would do just as well. You don't need a super conductivity adhesive because you ar enot transfering a large amount of heat as in a processor heatsink, but you can get thermally conductive epoxy. If you are only measuring the air temperature in the vicinity, then a double sided adhesive foam pad such as Sellotape Sticky Fixers may be strong enough, and you can then also remove the sensor later if you need to.

radi8or 15:43 12 Nov 03

Hi Gongoozler,
sorry for interval just got in from work thanks for response trying to get a reasonably accurate
temp.of my graphic card, just fried my last one.

Thought i'd stick one on cpu just for good measure

Thanks again

regards Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…